What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your browser on the hard drive of your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes.
First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data. These are stored in the same way as third-party cookies (see below) but first-party cookies are always directly associated with the site’s domain (i.e. pembertonlh.co.uk).
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
Types of Cookies we use
- Necessary Cookies – these are crucial for the basic function of the website in order for it to perform as intended. This includes cookies preventing against malicious spam and which retain your consent to the use of any cookies. These cookies do not store any personal data.
- Functional Cookies – these help with performance of certain functions within the website including sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collection of feedback, and other third-party features.
- Analytics Cookies – these are used to monitor how users interact with the website and provide us with certain information including the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- Performance Cookies – these are used to analyse the key performance indicators for the website in order to allow us to develop the best user experience.
- Advertisement Cookies – these are used to develop tailored advertisements for each user based on pages they have visited before, and will also analyse how effective the advertising campaign is .
Manage cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.
Except for necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after a certain time period. The relevant periods are detailed in the Cookie Preferences section of our website.