Pemberton Caravans started manufacturing static caravans in the Pemberton district of Wigan in the North-West of England in the late 1940s.
From the earliest days Pembertons were built to last and many 30-40 year old examples are still giving sterling service today.
Pemberton moved to their present day factory site at Woodhouse Lane in the Springfield district of Wigan in 1955. Major expansion took place in the 1970s and in 1980 the manufacturing operations were transferred to Pemberton Leisure Homes Limited.
The Pemberton name has always been at the forefront of advances in the design and development of the caravan holiday home concept. In the mid 1980s the company was one of the first to introduce 12ft wide models and to develop models specifically designed for wheelchair users and those with special needs.
Pemberton were also among the first to offer a full range of static caravan models suited to extended seasonal use, with the benefits of increased insulation, double glazing and central heating. In the 1990s Pemberton extended the boundaries of caravan holiday home design still further, with the introduction of both 13ft and 14ft wide models represented in our latest models - the Park Lane/ Knightsbridge ranges respectively.
With no less than 31 models on offer Pemberton realise that it is not always possible for prospective owners to view every model at their nearest stockist, and we therefore maintain a permanent display at our Wigan factory as well as establishing additional regional showground displays which are detailed in this site.